Today is a sad day for many of us who had made Scrappity-Doo-Dah (SDD) our digiscrapping home. Tonight, at midnight EST, SDD will cease to exist as a lively hub in the digital scrapbooking world.
I was very surprised when the owners announced in November that they would be closing SDD at the end of the year, especially since a number of changes had recently gone into effect that would have helped promote more sales. It was all a matter of life changes, however, as one owner was geographically relocating and the other didn't want to run the site and store by herself.
The Sunday night speed scrap had evolved into a pleasant group of charming women who looked forward to the weekly get-together with anticipation. We laughed, we joked, we got more than a little wacky now and then, and sometimes we even scrapped. The pace was relaxed, and the layout (if we chose to do one) wasn't due until sometime the next day. Yes, it was that laid back, and I loved it! No pressure, just pure enjoyment and fun.
RIP, SDD. I will remember you fondly all the rest of my days.
No comments:
Post a Comment