Thursday, July 23, 2009

Phew! Customizing a blog is hard work!

I am having such a hard time getting this stupid blog to look how I want it to look. A lot of the problem prolly lies with using a preset template. Until I have time to figure out how to edit the HTML coding, I'm not going to make much headway either. At any rate, I managed to get rid of the huge photo of me with the title across my forehead. Very attractive ... NOT!

For now, I have to live with what I've accomplished so far. I've got scrappin' stuff to download from the Internet and LOs (layouts) to create. My son laughed when I sent him the most recent batches of LOs I had done. With all the clarity of a cynic, he said, "Who knew that scrapbooking had its own jargon?!"

He hit it, too. When I first began getting involved in the world of digital scrapbooking, I was flummoxed by all the abbreviations. What was "WA," I wondered. How about "SAHM"? What in the world was that? "CT"? Who knew? I don't think a list of these abbreviations is published anywhere for quick referral.

Gradually, I picked up a clue here and there and began figuring out what was what, though I'm not completely ITK (in the know), by any means.

WA = wordart
CT = Creative Team
SAHM = Stay At Home Mother/Mommy

"BFF" got me going for the longest time. Boyfriend? No! Best Friend? If so, then what did the last "F" stand for? I finally saw a LO with this acronym spelled out: Best Friend Forever! Oh, now I get it!

2 comments:

LOFT said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. On the font you were wondering about, I got that wire word from Gunhild Storeide, so you could ask her which font it is if you want. Her website is here: http://www.storeide.se/gunhild/index.htm

Altered Amanda said...

WOW! What a wonderful comment you left on my blog!!! Thank you for taking the time. I began Digiscrap last February, so I am almost at a year. Think I will let you in on a surprise- I should do an Anniversary mini!! ;)
Thanks again- "Artful Amanda"